Friday, April 29, 2016

Totes, Quilt and a Toy

My future daughter-in-law asked me to make totes for her bridesmaids; she will put a gift for them in the totes.  Since the wedding is in October, she wanted them in autumnal colors but left the design to me.  This week I completed the 5 totes.  Well, I actually made 6 but accidentally had a twisted handle on one of them.  I gave them to her this evening and I think she was pleased.


They are all made from the same pattern, but because I used 2 charm packs, no two are exactly alike. The pattern can be found on a Missouri Star tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7i6Wrl4rZ8

Speaking of Missouri Star, today I received a quilt in the mail that I sent to them for long-arm quilting. I am so happy with how it turned out.  I can't post a picture yet; I don't want the person to see it before she gets it and that won't be until July.

I am looking forward to the May pattern for the My Favorite Things Quilt Along. Only a few more days!

I did complete a quilt top for the Linus Project.  I hope some little boy or girl enjoys cuddling up with it.  I'll post a picture once it is quilted.  HERE IT IS.




Now, about that toy.  My sweet hubby bought me an embroidery machine - a Brother PE 770.  I have no idea all the uses I'll put it too, but I am going to have a blast learning and playing!


Ain't she purdy???

Since the midnight hour has struck, I'll finish up here and talk with you later.