Wednesday, May 25, 2016

2015 Project of Doom Quilt Top Complete

I am so happy to have completed my PoD quilt top.  Now I need to find a long-arm quilter to put it all together!

.

I am a little bit obsessed (maybe more than a little) with Harry Potter and a lot obsessed with paper piecing so this was a perfect combination.  The free block patterns can be found at Fandominstitches.com or sewhooked.com.  All of the blocks except for the broom were designed by Jennifer Ofenstein, paper-piecing pattern designer extraordinaire.

I also finished a small wall-hanging quilt top that I plan to quilt myself.  I won't be showing it until after the Heart of the Triad Quilt show in 2017 because I plan to enter it in their quilt challenge.  The challenge is to make a black and white quilt with one other color.  It has to have hearts in it as well.  It took me a while to decide what I wanted to make, but I'm really happy with the result.

I have been working slowly but steadily on getting my sewing room organized.  I've got the pegboard on the wall next to my sewing machine better organized.  I bought a thread rack that holds 120 spools of thread and ran out of pegs.  Oops!  I think I need to get another one for just embroidery thread, but it won't have to be quite so large.

So that's what I've been up to lately.