Thursday, March 31, 2016

Second Quilt Completed and Delivered!

I had dinner with niece Debbie and cousins Kathy and Ann tonight.  Afterwards we went to see the UNC Clef Hangers, an all-male acapella group. They were joined by the Demon Divas of Wake Forest Univ., a female group.  Both were absolutely wonderful.  If you get a chance to see them, GO.

Before we ate, I gave Debbie her new quilt.  It's a wall-hanging about 22" x 22''.  Here are pics with some close-ups of the quilting:





After taking these pictures, I noticed a couple of spots I thought needed a little more quilting, so the finished quilt has diagonal lines in the green corner triangles corresponding to the tan corner triangles. And a couple of places in the center square has a bit more echo quilting.

Two down!  I have 3 more nieces' quilts to go.  One has just returned from Missouri Star Quilt Co. where I sent it for quilting.  One is at my sewing machine being quilted by me.  I can handle the small quilts, but prefer to have the larger ones done by a long-arm quilter.  Maybe one day I'll try to tackle a larger one, but not yet.  The last one is for my youngest niece.  Since she isn't on social media and doesn't get on the computer much, she hasn't chosen one yet.  I'll probably choose one to make for her and surprise her with it.

Tonight I'm feeling very accomplished and happy!