Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Making Progress

I am pleased to announce that in February I completed and delivered the first completed quilt for 2016!  [YAY! Throwing confetti!! Balloons falling from the ceiling!!  Champagne being poured!! etc.]  I took the quilt to my beautiful and compassionate niece, Robin. We met for lunch and I gave her the quilt.  It was a great success - she cried, I cried and we had a grand time.  Silly me, I forgot to take a camera to record this momentous occasion; but I did take a picture of the completed quilt before it left my home.


Piecing by me; quilting by Missouri Star Quilt Co. 
I sewed on the binding when it came back from them.  

Next on the Agenda:

March

  1. Shortly before Robin's quilt arrived, I sent off Dianne's quilt to Missouri Star.  It should be back in a week or so and I can bind it and it will be completed for her.
  2. Debbie's quilt is on my sewing table right now and I hope to quilt it myself and have it completed as well.
  3. I had an unexpected quilt need come up this month - a baby quilt for a sweet little girl.  I also hope to quilt it myself and have it finished by the end of March.  I'll deliver all three of these at the same time.  

April

  1. Right now I only have one quilt goal for April.  I sent off Vanessa's quilt to Missouri Star today (March 16) and it will probably be back in about a month.  

And that's all for now, folks.  I must get myself to the sewing machine.